Enjoy this amazing safari experience and travel to the Hluhluwe uMfolozi Big 5 Game Reserve, the oldest Game Park in Africa. All the wildlife and bird species Africa has to offer can be found here, including the Big 5 of buffalo, lion, rhino and elephant. Endangered species cheetah and wild dog.
We offer a day tour safari to the Hluhluwe uMfolozi Game Reserve as well as overnight stays. On the day safari tour you will embark on an informative game drive, searching for animals, birds and everything in between.
You will leave Durban early in the morning and make your way to the Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Reserve. Upon entering start immediately looking for Africa’s diverse wildlife, which your highly qualified Endless Summer safari guide will find for you and give you in depth information about. Expect brilliant views and photographic opportunities. For the next 6 hours, enjoy the wonders of nature, stopping for lunch in a beautiful setting, before making your way back to Durban after an exhilarating wildlife experience…
COMPLETE TOUR DESCRIPTION
Location: Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve
Departure Point: Durban and Surrounds
Return Point: Durban and Surrounds
- 5:30am – Pick up at accommodation.
- 8 30am – Arrive at the Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve, and begin your safari.
- 12:30pm – Stop at a beautiful spot for lunch.
- 1:30pm – Continue looking for wildlife as you make your way to the exit gate.
- 2:30pm – Roughly around this time, depending on what animals you encounter exit the gate.
- 5:30pm – Arrive back in Durban.
- Guided transfers in air-conditioned mini-van.
- Game drive with your private safari guide.
- Entrance fees to the Hluhluwe Umfolozi Reserve
- Extras of a personal nature, curios etc.
- Open safari vehicle (optional extra, book beforehand).
What To Bring
- Be prepared this is a bushveld environment, rain, cold, hot sun are all possibilities.
- Warm clothes for the morning, especially in winter.
- Rain jacket, especially in Summer.
- Sunscreen and hat essential.
- Scarves and beanies in winter are a good idea.
- Binoculars if you have, but some will be provided.