This safari day tour from Durban takes you inland to the 3000ha Tala Game Reserve, a perfect place to see many of the animal and bird species of South Africa. Giraffe, hippo and rhino being some of the larger species, as well as a whole host of other game.
Tala Game Reserve is a wildlife sanctuary which spans nearly 3 000 hectares of pristine natural plains and grasslands. Take a game drive around the reserve learning about the trees, birds and animals.
Tala Game Reserve caters for all kinds of guests, from conference delegates and family groups, to wedding parties, film crews and learners on an educational adventure. Tala allows you to get closer to nature, to really interact with the environment and animals, and to experience the sights, sounds and smells of the African bush. A true African Safari!
Add a trip to the Valley of a Thousand Hills to the Tala safari tour from R 450.00 pp extra. Tour includes Zulu dancing, cultural village and visit to the snake and crocodile farm.
COMPLETE TOUR DESCRIPTIONDuration: 5 – 6 HOURSPrice min 2 Adults: R1450.00 pp
(Discounts apply for groups 4 or more)
Location: Tala Game Reserve
Departure Point: Durban and Surrounds
Return Point: Durban and Surrounds
- 9am – Collection in Durban or surrounds, head inland 45min to Tala.
- 9.45am – Arrive at the reserve and begin safari with your private guide.
- 12.00pm – Stop for lunch.
- 12.45pm – Continue to look for wildlife, stopping at the bird and hippo hide.
- 2 – 2.30pm – Head back to Durban.
- Guided tour to Tala Game Reserve.
- Transfers in air-conditioned tour vehicle.
- Guided game drives in Tala.
- Entrance fees to Reserve.
- Added extra open vehicle drive.
What To Bring:
What To Wear:
- Casual clothing is fine, jacket in case (especially in winter)
- Sunscreen and hat
- There is a little bit of walking so comfortable shoes help, not essential though.