On this magnificent trip, enjoy a St. Lucia Day safari, with visit to the stunning beach paradise of Cape Vidal.
The name of the game on this safari adventure is diversity. In fact the iSimangaliso Wetland Park was declared a UNESCO World heritage site in 1999, South Africa’s very first. The main reason being its ecological importance because of the multi interlinking ecosystems that give rise to this incredible diversity.
The Park in its entirety, is made up of an estuary and lake system, wetlands, grasslands, vegetated sand dunes (second highest in the world), protected beach and even the ocean one and a half nautical miles out to sea is a marine reserve.
In this compacted day safari, you will amazingly get to experience a big chunk of it. The boat cruise shows you the estuary and lake system with the highest populations of hippo and croc, with incredible birdlife. The trip into the iSimangaliso Eastern Shores Reserve give way to the wetland, grassland and sand dunes. Ending with some time on the beautiful beach and warm Indian Ocean.
COMPLETE TOUR DESCRIPTION
Location: St. Lucia and iSimangaliso Wetland Reserve (Cape Vidal)
Departure Point: Durban and Surrounds
Return Point: Durban and Surrounds
- 6:30am – Pick up at accommodation.
- 9:30am – Arrive at St. Lucia.
- 10:00am – Hippo and crocodile boat cruise (2 hours).
- 12:15pm – Enter iSimangaliso Wetland Park.
- 1:00pm – Picnic lunch at beautiful spot in the reserve.
- 1:30pm – Arrive at stunning and unspoiled Cape Vidal beach.
- 2:30/ 3pm – Head back to entrance gates.
- 4:00pm – Leave to drive back to Durban.
- Guided transfers in air-conditioned mini-van.
- Game drive with your private safari guide.
- Entrance fees to the iSimangaliso Wetland Park and Cape Vidal.
- Hippo and crocodile boat cruise.
- Extras of a personal nature, curios etc.
What To Bring
- Be prepared this is a bushveld environment, rain, cold, hot sun are all possibilities.
- Warm clothes for the morning, especially in winter.
- Rain jacket, especially in Summer.
- Sunscreen and hat essential.
- Scarves and beanies in winter are a good idea.
- Costume and towel for the beach.
- Binoculars if you have, but some will be provided.